Identity Theft Reporting & Resources

If you are a victim of identity theft or fraud, contact this department to file a report.  Additional steps should be made to prevent further damage or victimization.  If your credit cards or bank accounts have been compromised, immediately notify your financial institutions.

Residents that are victims of identity theft are encouraged to notify at least one of the three major credit reporting agencies and notify them of the incident.  This will help protect your credit if your identity has been compromised.


You may also go online to the Federal Trade Commissions website for more information on ID Theft.


For comparison and reviews of several ID protection services, visit

Best Identity Theft Protection

Also for further comparison:

Links to Credit Reporting Agencies:




Social Security Number compromised?

Social Security Administration