On 11/26/2012, at approximately 2355 hours Patrolman Timothy J. Bartucca of the Rehoboth Police Department was dispatched to Carreiro’s Landscaping located on Tremont St. for a report of suspicious activity. The caller reported that there was a vehicle at the closed business as well as a subject with a flashlight.
Prior to the officers arrival the vehicle left the business with a snow plow that had not previously been attached to the vehicle. Off. Bartrucca located the vehicle and attempted to stop it. The vehicle failed to stop for Off. Bartucca and began to increase it’s speed. The vehicle continued to flee into Taunton. The suspects vehicle eventually turned onto a dirt section of Glebe St. The vehicle came to a stop approximately two miles into the woods where both occupants of the vehicle fled on foot. An area search was conducted with the assistance of K-9 units from the Massachusetts State Police and the Bristol County Sherriff’s office however, the suspects were not located.
During subsequent investigation Off. Bartucca was able to identify the operator of the vehicle as JONATHAN JONES, 23 of Middle St. in Dighton. It was also confirmed that the plow had been stolen from Carreiro’s Landscaping.
A warrant for Jonathan Jones was sought and obtained for the following charges:
10) Ch.90 S.24 (operating to endanger)
11) CMR.266 S.121A (trespass with motor vehicle)
12) Ch.89 S.4A (marked lanes violation)
On 11-27-2012 Officers from the Rehoboth Police Department arrested Jonathan Jones on the outstanding warrant. He was booked and bail was set at $2,500. On 11-28-2012 he was arraigned on the charges at Taunton district court and was released on the $2,500 which had been posted.
1) Ch.266 S.30 (larceny over $250)
2) Ch.274 S.6 (attempt to commit a crime)
3) Ch.266 S.127A (malicious damage +$250)
4) Ch.266 S.127A (malicious damage +$250)
5) Ch.266 S.127A (malicious damage +$250)
6) Ch.90 S.23 (operate motor vehicle with license revoked as HTO)
7) Ch.90 S.25 (fail to stop for police)
8) Ch.266 S.28 (larceny of a motor vehicle)
9) Ch.90 S.17 (speeding)